The Center for Writing & Rhetoric features a fully functional lending library with over 600 volumes on writing in the disciplines, style, presentation, and graduate writing tasks like proposals and dissertations. CGU students are able to borrow books for 2-week periods.
To set up an account, just come into the Center and a staff member will be happy to help you become a library patron. You can also set up an account by yourself by following the instructions here and registering with your CGU email address. All account requests will be reviewed by CWR staff before access is granted. All Library users must agree to the terms and conditions for borrowing and late fees.
Search the Collection
Terms and Conditions
- Members of the CGU community (students, faculty, and staff) may borrow up to five (5) items for a loan period of two (2) weeks. Items may be renewed for another loan period of two (2) weeks, provided that the items have not been requested by another user.
- Once an item has reached its renewal limit, it must be returned to the Library and may not be borrowed again by the same user until it has been checked back into the Library and made available to other patrons for at least one (1) week.
- It is the borrower's responsibility to ensure that items are returned to the Library on time and in the same condition as when borrowed.
- By using the CWR Library, the borrower agrees to have charges placed on his or her student account (or, for faculty and staff, to receive an invoice payable by personal check) for lost or damaged items, as described below.
- Repeated failure to adhere to the borrowing policy will result in the permanent withdrawal of borrowing privileges, at the Center's discretion.
- Certain volumes are for reference only and are unavailable for borrowing.
Renewals and Fines
- Borrowed items must be returned or renewed on or before their due date by 5:00pm.
- Renewals must be made in person during CWR business hours.
- Fines will be assessed based on the replacement cost of the lost or damaged item in new condition. If the same item cannot not be purchased, fines will be based on the replacement cost of a newer edition of the item or a similar title.
- Fines must be paid before further books are borrowed or existing loans renewed.
- Items not renewed (if applicable) or returned to the Library by two (2) weeks after an overdue notice has been issued will be deemed lost, and the borrower will be charged for replacement costs plus $20 administrative fee.