Leigh is an expert in business and personnel analysis and has trained and mentored many successful leaders in his career, including managers, franchisees and other members of his teams. Currently he helps companies seeking to hire CGU talent.
Build Your Brand on Campus
Employers bring a valuable and unique perspective to student's career exploration and development. We welcome your involvement in career development activities to help you stay connected to CGU students and build your brand on-campus.
Information Sessions- An information session can be an integral part of your overall campus recruiting strategy. Hosting a session allows you to promote your organization and opportunities and meet prospective candidates.
Coffee Chats- Like an information session, a coffee chat is a way for students to meet with company representatives and find out about jobs, internships, and company culture, although in a more informal venue.
Panel Presentations and Career Week- Bring your team and/or industry colleagues to share their professional experiences and career development advice during career themed weeks and industry oriented panels. This is a great opportunity to reach students who are interested in your your industry.
For more information on any of the opportunities listed above, contact us at (909)607-9022 or
Hire a CGU Student!
• Full time/part time positions
Job Discovery Series
Our job discovery series is focused on creating opportunities for students to explore various careers through first-hand opportunities.
Job Shadowing- Job shadows typically a completed over a 1-2-day period and may consist of observation of daily work, sitting in on meetings/other activities, tour the facility, and informational interviews.
Micro-internships- Short term, voluntary, work experiences that are oftentimes virtual and focused around a project.
Employer Site Visits- these visits to the employer site are designed to help enhance student's career and professional development. A typical visit includes an information session, company tour and professional networking opportunities.
Applied Projects- Short term projects that allow students the opportunity to partner with business and industry organizations to complete real-world projects.
Handshake is the fast and powerful recruiting platform for sourcing CGU students and alumni. It uses cutting edge technology to better connect you with qualified candidates.
Can be used to:
• Post job listing for internships, part-time and full-time jobs
• Manage on-campus recruiting
• Advertise events
• Message students and alumni who meet your qualifications.
There is no fee to use this resource.
Instructions on how to set up an Employer account
Although marijuana is legal under certain conditions in the state of California, it is not legal under federal law. The Drug Free Schools and Communities Act 1989 (DFSCA) provides, "as a condition of receiving funds or any form of financial assistance under any Federal program, an institution of Higher Education must certify that it has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs or alcohol by students and employees." Further, under the DFSCA, institutions of Higher Education must employ "standards of conduct that clearly prohibit, at a minimum, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees on its property or as part of its activities." If a college fails to comply, it could become ineligible for federal funding, including financial aid programs for students.
In order to ensure compliance with federal law, the Career Centers of The Claremont Colleges will not support the recruitment of students or alumni by marijuana-related employers. This includes, but is not limited to, posting internship or work opportunities, hosting company representatives on campus, promoting job shadow placements, and supporting internships for credit or non-credit.
2. Select the Employer account type from the options presented
3. Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
4. Enter your recruiting interests and Alma Mater to help us better understand how you'll use Handshake. Then click Next: Employer Guidelines:
6. Next, you will receive instructions on how to verify your account via the email you provided.
7. You will then receive an email asking you to confirm.
8. When you click Confirm Email in your confirmation email, you will be brought back to Handshake. If your company already exists in the system, you will see a page indicating such. You can then click Request to connect with that company and then select Next: Connect to Schools
9. If your company does not exist in the system, click the Create New Company button.
10. Next, you'll want to choose the schools to connect to. Use the filters on the left side of the screen to narrow down schools by rank, region and location. Click the + button to the right of the school. Then click Next: Finish
More questions? Reach out to us!