"Enterprise risk management is a process, affected by an entity's board of directors, management, and other personnel, applied in a strategy setting and across the enterprise, designed to identify potential events that may affect the entity, and manage risk to be within its risk appetite, to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of entity objectives."
-Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, "Enterprise Risk Management—Integrated Framework," September 2004
More information about Risk Management Terms is available online.
In an effort to ensure that all faculty and staff are informed of CGU's current Policies and Procedures, the Office of ERM utilizes PolicyStat to catalog all CGU policies, procedures into one central library. We urge you to visit CGU's PolicyStat website and look through all of our policies and procedures.
• When Taking Students on a Field Trip
• When planning to travel abroad for university business
• Request to Use a Drone
• When Entering into a Contract Agreement
• When Hosting an Event where Alcohol will be Served
• Annual Review of Business Continuity Plans or Creating a New Plan for a New Department
• For Auto and Property Insurance Coverage and Claims
• When you think that you need to contact Legal
• Or when you just aren't sure about the potential risks associated with a certain activity, event, etc....
AVP for Finance and Administration/Sponsored Research Accounting and Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management Program Coordinator
1245 N. Dartmouth Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
The mission of the Office of Enterprise Risk Management is to promote safety and to protect and preserve Claremont Graduate University assets and resources, both human and financial, by:
The actions we will take to reduce the adverse effects of unpredictable events are: